Did you forget your wordpress admin password? Don’t panic! Here’s the easiest way to reset your password.
We realize that there’s plenty of tutorials online to reset your admin password but they are all complicated and require a lot of command line ssh experience. In just a few steps you can reset your admin password right through cPanel in less than 2 minutes.
- Go into PhpMyAdmin (either through WHM or cPanel)
- Select the database of your WordPress (if you are unsure which database to select please read the bottom of the post)
- Select the ‘wp_users’ table
- Click Edit (pencil icon) next to the line that says ‘admin’
- On the line that says ‘user_pass’ change the dropdown to MD5 and in the text field right next to it enter your new password
- Click Go at the bottom to save it and you’re done!
Now try to login to your WordPress with the new password.
If you are unsure which database to select or have multiple WordPress installations, you can open the wp-config.php file in the File Manager and look at the line that says DB_NAME and it will show you the database to use.